fredag 14 oktober 2011

November approaching

Lots of things to do.


There's Klara, färdiga, MANGA! which is a Swedish manga competition arranged by Wasabi Press. I'll try to whip something together for it, but what with the main event coming up we'll see if I'll manage in time. If not, I know I can find other uses for the comic I have in mind.

And the main event? Why, it's my tenth year of doing NaNoWriMo. Can't stop now! I'm busy planning ahead, and characters and plots are coming to life in my mind and they need names! Names are... well... harder than they should be. I'm returning to fantasy, and using my old NaNo novel (OLD as in 'my first NaNoWriMo novel 10 years ago, and the one 9 years ago') as history for this world to give it some more depth. That means that a) they cannot be named Bob, b) it has to be pronouncable, at least for the most part, or it's going to be an impossible read, c) different cultures with different languages have different names, and they need to fit together and still have some distinct element that keeps them different from the others. Currently most of the characters (and it's a large group by now) have codes for names.
Also, brand new for this year, I am letting the dice decide most of the decisions. Together with Craig's die roller and my Eon roleplaying books characters are made, with heavy influence from roleplaying characters (from masquerading vampires to pirates in space during 1889) and past stories and comics (such as Grumg'nesh and No Coffin Needed), and it's all coming together beautifully.
I just need to give them all names, and then I'm ready to write those 50 000 words or more during the month of November. My record is 110 601 words, but it's almost always 75 pages, somehow XD

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar